Descripción del puesto de trabajo
The Wholesale Credit Analytics & Solutions (WCAS) team is responsible for implementing key credit risk practices across wholesale businesses, and ensuring consistency in methodologies within wholesale credit risk. WCAS’ areas of responsibility include allowance management, traditional credit product stress testing, developing the Firm's authoritative wholesale credit risk parameter data set, development and implementation of an economic credit capital model, the construction and integration of credit and capital limits, risk grading methodology, and the provision of strategic advice and solutions to the originating businesses.
The Wholesale Allowance team within WCAS is responsible for defining the allowance methodology, producing, analyzing, and validating the wholesale portfolio allowance for held-for-investment loans and lending-related commitments for both US GAAP and IFRS 9. The allowance-related analyses and reports are used by both internal and external audiences.
We are looking to fill an analyst role within the WCAS Credit Costs Analytics team that will be responsible for calculating, forecasting, and analyzing the wholesale allowance for credit losses, which is reported externally in the Firm’s earnings release, SEC filings, and regulatory filings. The candidate will collaborate closely with various key stakeholders throughout the Firm, including Credit Risk Management, Finance, Special Credits Group, Corporate Accounting Policies, and Risk Finance Technology, as well as colleagues within the WCAS team.
* Forecast allowance and credit costs based on anticipated credit actions in the portfolio for both US GAAP and IFRS 9
* Develop analytics to explain credit costs forecast changes and trends for both US GAAP and IFRS 9
* Prepare, analyze, and validate allowance results through analysis and discussion with lines of business for both US GAAP and IFRS 9
* Perform allowance impact analysis on various scenarios to support key business decisions for both US GAAP and IFRS 9
* Lead initiatives related to the allowance methodology and calculation for both US GAAP and IFRS 9
* Support preparation of allowance and credit costs disclosures and metrics for external filings for both US GAAP and IFRS 9
* Implement controls and create process documentation for both US GAAP and IFRS 9
Bachelors degree; concentration in accounting or finance is a plus
* Results-oriented; ability to deliver high quality results under tight deadlines
* Strong analytical skills in interpreting and synthesizing results
* Self-motivated and proactive in driving the team’s agenda
* Detail-oriented and strong organizational skills
* Ability to solve problems creatively while working in a dynamic and challenging environment
* Controls mindset and strong reconciliation skills
* Excellent communication abilities, both written and oral; comfortable with presenting information to key senior stakeholders
* Strong technical skills in using Excel and PowerPoint
* Experience in the following areas is preferred: Risk, Controller, Finance, Audit, Analytics, Reporting