Descripción del puesto de trabajo
This is a job description for an IC role; there will be people manager flavors of this role as well as flavor of “Segment Lead” role which may have overarching responsibilities for regional careabouts like Software and Services Sales, Cisco Policies, Country´s rules and regulations, etc.
Envisaged as a Grade 8 to 10 IC job.
Who You'll Work With
This role will create, leverage and maintain relationships with key stakeholders in the segment leadership team including sales, channels, architectures, sales finance and engineering.
The Customer Partner Services (CPS) pillar within Operations offers operational engagement / advisory to direct customers, channel partners and internal Cisco sales teams, connecting stakeholders across Cisco’s commerce processes from quote to invoice for products/services and software business.
The SOM (Segment Operations Manager) will continuously engage with the segment leaders: sales and channels, finance, supply chain and other members of leadership team like architecture and engineering in delivering the above mentioned services. It´s important to highlight that this position requires the ability to lead teams towards execution, but also requires hands on attitude to get the job done.
What You'll Do
The Regional Operations team within the Customer and Partner Services (CPS) organization is seeking an exceptional individual to work directly with senior sales/channels and other cross-functional internal stakeholders to provide world class operations management and advisory services. These services will include, but not restricted.
* Commit Management - ensuring visibility to Sales and CPS leadership around sales commit execution and proactive risk mitigation of impact to commit through deal sensing and operational cross-functional readiness;
* Deal Sensing – direct engagement with Sales to identify and detail strategic deals across product, service, software and other offerings of Cisco, that are considered strategic to the business;
* Cross Functional Lead – ensure Operation´s functions and resources are properly engaged and executing according to Cisco´s Operating Model – and aligned with company short and long term goals. Functional teams may include areas within CPS, Operations, Finance, Sales and eventually Partners and Customers;
* Lead quarterly operational reviews of CPS services to Sales stakeholders, with focus on alignment of key business priorities to service owning organizations to optimize end-to-end experience;
* Drive initiatives to address opportunities for improvement, unaddressed problems relevant to the segment in areas within the operations organization
* Represent the voice of the segment in key programs/capabilities rollouts and proactively address adoption issues. This may include systems, policies and processes;
* And last but not the least drive actions with stakeholders to ensure that the quality of booking and other compliance norms for the segment are met and maximize revenue attainment for the company.
* Participate in planning sessions and contribute CPS/Operations offerings to support key initiatives at segment level
* * Be accountable for visibility on commit execution internally/externally and also driving proactive measures to mitigate risk to commit management for segment
* Be accountable for sensing/qualifying and sourcing deals for strategic deal management practice of CPS in accordance with the rules of engagement for deal management office
* * * Close engagement with finance/sales stakeholders to drive right quality of booking and compliance norms for the country and to drive revenue maximization for the company
* Be responsible of self-development on subjects that are part of Cisco´s Operating Model (policies, processes and systems), as well as other soft skills required to the position (presentation, communication, project management and financial acumen); ** _**
* Be skilled in several tools required to fulfill the responsibilities of the position, such as Microsoft Office, data analytics and other well known tools. ** _**
* Be assertive of Cisco’s Operating Model across CPS, Supply Chain, Finance and other operational teams and be able to explain the value prop of these different organizations to a senior sales leader
* Collaborate with peer practitioners of segment operations management practice to discover commonality of operations initiatives and to aggregate them into common themes; ** _**
* Drive prioritization of these initiatives with internal CPS capability teams and service owners to gain support from the operations functional owners; ** _**
* To collaborate/share best practices with peer practitioners to drive exponential benefit from these initiatives. ** __**
Who You Are
- * * Desirable to have experience with Cisco’s Portfolio of Product, Software, Services and Solutions, as well as Cisco´s go to market strategy.
- Requires BA/BS degree or equivalent plus 5+ years related experience (MBA preferred).
- Project Management certification or experience is a plus.
- Familiarity with DMAIC methodology is a plus (including having any kind of certification like green belt).
- Cisco Certification in associate-level is a plus (CCDA, CCNA). Any specialist-level certification is also valued (Business Specialist) *
Qualifications and desired skills:
- * __
- Solution minded to understand root cause and implement necessary changes.
- * * * and be able to adapt quickly to changing priorities.
- Fluency in Portuguese and English. Relevant knowledge of Spanish is a plus.
* We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco.