Descripción del puesto de trabajo
Resident Engineer role encompasses a wide range of responsibilities from network strategy design and engineering implementation and migration planning service design and proof of concept implementation testing optimization services customer training and advice and on-site support. The work is on-site with customers.
Resident Engineer will be required to work in a consultative manner with customers solutions and marketing groups and systems engineering to scope and deliver professional service projects which includes following responsibilities:
* Develop network architecture and services designs with the best architecture available to support our customer's services.
* Produce network implementation and migration plans.
* Configure equipment and services.
* Test and support networks in various stages of deployment.
* Audit and assess network against customer service requirements and best practices.
* Formulate network management strategies.
* Produce and review technical statement of work documentation.
* Provide appropriate training material and delivery of the training.
* Evaluate customer networks for performance scalability manageability and security.
* Provide recommendations to optimize the network operations and performance.
* Work with internal technical teams for product placement and feature improvements for reliability availability and serviceability.
* Work closely with customers to conduct network readiness and customer readiness tests.
* Develop and maintain strong relationships with customer's technical and management teams.
* Occasional maintanence hour work expected in the role to support criticial network events.
* Four year degree in Computer Science Computer Engineering or equivalent experience.
* Nokia SRA Cisco CCIE and/or Juniper JNCIE or equivalent certification preferred.
* 7+ years relevant work experience with a telecom communications equipment vendor or service provider in configuring monitoring and troubleshooting IP/MPLS networks.
* 5+ years experience in IP routing protocols such as IS-IS OSPF BGP.
* 5+ years experience in in MPLS protocols LDP and RSVP-TE and L2/L3 VPNs over MPLS.
* 5+ years experience in QoS implementation/testing
* 5+ years hands on expertise troubleshooting the noted networking protocols.
* Demonstrated excellent written and verbal communication skills to end-clients.
* Nokia product knowledge preferred (7950XRS 7750SR 7705SAR 7210SAS and 5620SAM).