Descripción del puesto de trabajo
When leading companies choose Google Cloud it's a huge win for spreading the power of cloud computing globally. Once educational institutions, government agencies, and other businesses sign on to use Google Cloud products, you come in to facilitate making their work more productive, mobile, and collaborative. You assist fellow sales Googlers by problem-solving key technical issues for our customers. You liaise with the product marketing management and engineering teams to stay on top of industry trends and devise enhancements to Google Cloud products.
You’re a Partner Engineer with experience coaching and mentoring others; strong communication and organizational skills; and previous experience in cloud platform and infrastructure products, software development cycle, and SQL-based relational databases. You’re comfortable presenting and bridging the gap between a customer’s needs and a partner’s ability to deliver on them.
As a Partner Engineer, you will work closely with business development and sales managers to grow and support the Google Cloud partner ecosystem. You will contribute to customer adoption of Google Cloud by assessing our partners’ technical expertise, connecting the customer with the right partner, and supporting partners as they execute practical and useful solutions. You will help prospective partners understand Google Cloud features, and align with the product marketing and engineering teams to recommend improvements to Google Cloud products.
Google Cloud helps businesses and organizations empower their employees, serve their customers, and build what’s next – all with technology built in the cloud. Our products are engineered for security, reliability, and scalability, running infrastructure to applications, devices and hardware. Our teams are dedicated to helping our customers, developers, small and large businesses, educational institutions and government agencies see the benefits of our technology.
From startups building their first app to billion-user consumer companies crunching big data, the Google Cloud Platform gives developers and businesses the most advanced data and analytics solution on the market, along with Google's secure, high performance infrastructure. Our team of technical account managers and software engineers work with partners across all functions to develop solutions that harness Google's planet-wide platform to solve the world's most challenging problems.
- Recommend integration strategies, enterprise architectures, platforms and application infrastructure required to successfully implement a complete solution on Google Cloud.
- Oversee the technical relationship with our partners. Enable them to manage product and solution briefings, proof-of-concept work and coordinate additional technical resources.
- Support partners in prototyping, demonstrating and product integrations in customer environments; identify and mitigate key customer technical objections.
- Work with the team to identify and qualify partnership opportunities.
- Travel to partner sites, conferences, and other related events as required.
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, a related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
* Experience working as Technical Sales Engineer in a cloud computing environment or in a customer/partner-facing role.
* Ability to speak and write in English and Spanish fluently and idiomatically.
* Ability to travel as required by role.
* Experience in data and information management, using and managing databases relating to Big Data trends and challenges.
* Experience with software lifecycle/build tools and architecting/developing solutions for scalable distributed systems.
* Experience working with Linux.
* Demonstrated knowledge of Big Data, Platform-as-a-Service (Paas), Software-as-a-Service (SaaS), Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and public cloud.
* Ability to quickly learn, understand and work with new and emerging technologies, methodologies and solutions in the cloud technology space.
* Ability to create impactful messages and tailor them to multiple audiences.