Descripción del puesto de trabajo
When leading companies choose Google Cloud it's a huge win for spreading the power of cloud computing globally. Once educational institutions, government agencies, and other businesses sign on to use Google Cloud products, you come in to facilitate making their work more productive, mobile, and collaborative. You assist fellow sales Googlers by problem-solving key technical issues for our customers. You liaise with the product marketing management and engineering teams to stay on top of industry trends and devise enhancements to Google Cloud products.
As a Partner Engineer for Cloud, you will use your leadership skills and knowledge of product management, industries, software and cloud computing to design solutions within the market. You will also help to drive awareness of our solutions at leading industry conferences and Google events.
In this role, you'll focus on supporting our partners and partner teams. Working as an advisor, you'll help our clients to get as much value out of our Platform as possible. In addition, you'll assist the Partner Manager in every situation, using both technical and business skill sets to operate as efficiently as possible.
From startups building their first app to billion-user consumer companies crunching big data, the Google Cloud Platform gives developers and businesses the most advanced data and analytics solution on the market, along with Google's secure, high performance infrastructure. Our team of technical account managers and software engineers work with partners across all functions to develop solutions that harness Google's planet-wide platform to solve the world's most challenging problems.
- Work with Partner Managers to identify and collaborate with partners in the market that can deliver innovative solutions to our customers.
- Develop partner technical teams with both sales and technical competencies, so that they can be successful in the market.
- Keep partners up to date with product and technical knowledge and competitive differentiators.
- Advise on “best practice” solutions and strategies to customers and Partners to optimize Google Cloud effectiveness.
- Act as a technical advocate to our partners, in order to help provide feedback from the field and to advocate on their behalf.
* BA/BS degree in Computer Science or a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
* Experience working as Technical Sales Engineer in a cloud computing environment, or in a customer and/or partner-facing role.
* Ability to speak and write in English and Spanish fluently and idiomatically.
* Experience in data and information management, using and managing databases relating to Big Data trends and challenges.
* Experience with software lifecycle and build tools and architecting/developing solutions for scalable distributed systems.
* Experience working with Linux.
* Demonstrated knowledge of Big Data, Platform-as-a-Service, Software-as-a-Service, Infrastructure-as-a-Service (PaaS, SaaS, IaaS) and public cloud.
* Ability to quickly learn, understand and work with new and emerging technologies, methodologies, and solutions in the cloud technology space.
* Ability to create impactful messages and tailor them to multiple audiences.