Descripción del puesto de trabajo
The primary responsibility of our Back Office team is to maintain a first-class operational infrastructure for the Fixed Income trading and sales desks by confirming and executing the settlement of transactions, mitigating operational and financial risks to the business by providing a high quality control environment.
Our operating model must remain flexible enough to adapt to innovation and new technology/regulatory requirements for the business, yet scalable enough to sustain a rigorous controls environment. As a Back Office analyst, your job function will include performing end-to-end controls along the trade lifecycle, from trade execution and capture, including analysis and verification of trade positions as well as timely and accurately monitor daily processes. The role will also include reconciling positions and trade details between various risk management systems and downstream settlement platforms, investigate and resolve trade or system issues. Additional tasks include trade booking/verification, MIS reporting, query management/resolution and various ad hoc project related tasks such as new regulatory and compliance mandates. The environment is fast paced and has a very high trade turnover so adaptability and the ability to multi-task are critical. As this is a back office role, you will be communicating with a wide variety of areas critical to support the business including Trading, Sales, Finance, Operations, Technology, Control and Market/Credit risk teams.
- Maintain trading operations system integrity for our trading business
- Perform numerous control reconciliations to verify trading positions and transactions are accurate through front office to Back office recs, middle office to back office recs including eod checkouts.
- Investigate and provide solutions to various queries from settlements, confirmations and collateral management.
- Production Management Statistics, including but not limited to Key Performance and Key Control Indicators.
- Complete operations projects and ad hoc requests to satisfy new initiatives and operations/technology enhancements.
- Proactive in identifying issues/gaps and opportunities for new process improvements, taking appropriate actions to deliver simple and innovative solutions that improve the way we do business.
Education & Experience
* BA or BS degree required (Finance or Business degree)
* Previous experience in Finance industry (Ops roles) desired
* Effective communicator to deal with a diverse range of staff and to succeed in a fast paced environment
* Control oriented with a focus on efficiency and process improvement
* Quick learner with a strong sense to question and understand all details behind the processes and numbers
* Independent/analytical thinker who can quickly assimilate situations through to the associated risks, business or control issues
Skills & Knowledge
* Works well under pressure leveraging their initiative to fully develop their role
* Basic understanding of Derivatives products
* Problem solver, proactive and able to work independently
* Management skills desired, but not required
* Strong analytical and quantitative aptitude, very detail oriented
* Operations and control mindset, strong ability to prioritize and deliver quality work using time management skills
* Ability to coordinate workload among junior team members
* Highly organized and self-motivated, enthusiastic attitude
* Understands the large financial risks that can be incurred through operational errors and control risks
* Strong PC Skills required; in particular MS Excel (VBA a plus), MS PowerPoint and Sharepoint
* Team player with excellent interpersonal skills
* Fluent in English & Spanish (Portuguese is a plus)