Descripción del puesto de trabajo
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, offering solutions to the world's most important corporations, governments and institutions in more than 100 countries.
Derivatives Operations provide operational support to Markets, Investor Services and Banking businesses across the CIB. Key product areas include Currencies, OTC Derivatives, Collateral Principal, Global Clearing, CASS & Outsourcing and Expense Management Unit with a global team of ~1500 colleagues. Services provided to our Businesses include:
* Transaction Processing, Confirmation, Settlement and Clearing, Collateral Management, Client Service, Expense Management and CASS & Outsourcing Support
* Typical daily activity includes settling in excess of $2TRN via FX trades, leading a Markets OTC portfolio of 3M trades, managing collateral balances in excess of $350BN and processing ~700K cleared and intermediary trades
OTC Derivatives Operations supports a global and diverse client base. Primary functions performed: affirmation, settlement, client money daily segregation, credit event management, client valuations, regulatory reporting, and tax reporting. Facilitate transaction execution via a ‘best in class’ systematic control framework, providing integration between risk systems (Athena, GPS, Kapital, Pyramid) and vendor platforms (DTCC / TIW / Markitwire / Thunderhead).
* Manage a portfolio of 2.5M live trades
* Monthly settlement of 600,000 payments (100% increase vs. 300,000 in 2010)
* 70,000 Dodd Frank MTM and client valuation statements issued on a daily basis
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
J.P. Morgan’s extensive history in Argentina dates back to the 1880s, playing a crucial role in the financing of railroads, gold and minerals extraction, and sovereign financing. In 1978, J.P. Morgan reinforced its local presence with a branch office in the city, and less than a decade later, J.P. Morgan Argentina S.A. was created. Buenos Aires is a key location for the company’s international footprint. The firm is investing in creating a world-class corporate center in Buenos Aires, with refurbished and high performance workplaces, state-of-the-art technology and collaboration tools. It’s a first-class environment, where people take great pride in the important work they do for the company. Employees at the BA Corporate Center provide a wide range of support for the firm’s day-to-day, global business activities, representing JPM Corporate & Investment Bank, the strategic Operations & Technology Corporate Center and Corporate Functions. Employees work in 2 buildings collaborating, innovating and sharing their time while offering robust training, development and internal mobility opportunities.
Summary of Responsibilities
The role involves partnering and working closely with Internal Middle office and Front Office teams and Chasing teams to ensure speedy execution of trades
* Ensure trades are Drafted within the T+1 guidelines of CFTC/EMIR.
* Monitor all EOD and periodic controls
* Handle volumes as per defined capacity / targets published
* Manage negotiations regarding paper contracts to be issued.
* Follow-up persistently and intelligently with Front Office /Middle Office/ Documentation team for pending issues.
* Generate efficiencies by reviewing existing processes, improving STP & increasing capacity
* Support LOBs cost management initiatives and be creative and diligent in eliminating unnecessary expenses
* Reward & Recognition: Highlight and reward successes and recognize individuals at all levels who contributed.
* Build a culture of transparency and open, honest & clear communication
* Derivative Operations experience desirable (Middle Office / Back Office)
* Strong product knowledge; thorough understanding of the end to end transaction cycle for Rates, FX and Commodities derivative products
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Understanding on Dodd Frank/CFTC/EMIR guidelines
* Ability to drive results through a "hands-on" approach
* Successful in team environments with matrix reporting structures
* Can operate effectively in a dynamic environment with tight deadlines
* Control mindset to identify process control gaps, prioritize & mitigate operational risk
* Ability to multi-task effectively to meet tight dead lines
* Flexibility to work in shifts
* Strong attention to detail
* Legal knowledge on Markets preferred.