Descripción del puesto de trabajo
Who You'll Work With
Business Analyst (BA) Interns join our offices and practices (e.g. Digital McKinsey, Operations) around the world for ~10 weeks, usually in the summer, to work in teams and directly with our clients.
When you join McKinsey as a Business Analyst Intern, you are joining a firm that will challenge you and invest in your professional development. In this role you will work on the best teams to help the best organizations in the world – in private, public, and social sectors – solve their most difficult problems. You will also work with many experts, from data scientists and researchers to software and app designers.
If you are interested in joining a specific practice, please indicate this in your office/practice preference (combinations are possible). To learn more about how we help our clients and where you fit in, visit our careers site.
What You'll Do
You’ll work in teams of typically 3 – 5 consultants, playing an active role in all aspects of the client engagement.
This includes gathering and analyzing information, formulating and testing hypotheses, and developing and communicating recommendations. You’ll also have the opportunity to present results to client management and implement recommendations in collaboration with client team members.
You’ll gain new skills and build on the strengths you bring to the firm. Business Analysts Interns receive exceptional training as well as frequent coaching and mentoring from colleagues on their teams. This support includes introductory training as well as a Partner from your local office or practice assigned to you to help guide you throughout your internship.
You will work at the client site with your McKinsey colleagues and with the client team, owning a distinct piece of the project. Some examples of the specific work may include interviewing clients, leading client teams, building financial models, creating and delivering presentations, and working with McKinsey subject experts to develop perspectives and insights for the client. You will likely intersect with many elements of our firm's work including Digital McKinsey, Implementation, and New Ventures - either by collaborating on teams or working with colleagues from these groups.
Our Business Analyst Intern program gives a group of undergraduate students and eligible graduate students first-hand experience with consulting at McKinsey. You would work in your host office for ~10 weeks. You will participate in an introductory training program, as well as a range of social activities to get to know your office and the firm. At the end of the summer, you may receive an offer to join us as a full-time Business Analyst after completion of your degree.
Various locations in the U.S. and Canada typically host our Business Analyst Interns including many of our functional practices. A small number of international locations may also host interns.
- In your junior year of an undergraduate degree; expected graduation date of December 2019 or May 2020
- Strong commitment to excellence and personal and professional growth
- Demonstrated outstanding academic performance and an aptitude for analytics
- Strong record of initiative-taking and leadership in a work setting and/or extracurricular activities
- Resourceful, intellectually curious, empathetic, poised, high energy and mature
- Genuine interest in business and find problem solving exhilarating
- Enjoy working in teams
- Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively – both verbally and in writing – in English and the local office language(s)
- Marketing & Sales
- Corporate Finance
- Sustainability & Resource Productivity
- Organizational Structure
- Advanced Electronics
- Aerospace & Defense
- Automotive & Assembly
- Consumer Packaged Goods
- Electric Power & Natural Gas
- Financial Services
- Healthcare Systems & Services
- High Tech
- Capital Projects & Infrastructure
- Media & Entertainment
- Metals & Mining
- Oil & Gas
- Pharmaceuticals & Medical Products
- Private Equity & Principal Investors
- Public Sector
- Social Sector
- Travel, Transport & Logistics
- Paper & Forest Products