Descripción del puesto de trabajo
We are seeking a full time High School Literacy Specialist Assistant. The position requires:
_ Required Qualifications :_
* Teaching degree or bachelor of arts and related degrees (complete or close to completing)
* Fluent in both English and Spanish
* At least 2 years of classroom experience and training in bi-literacy preferred.
Key Skills and **
* Willingness to assist the teacher in any professional (instructional) manner.
* Ability to relate effectively with students in that grade level.
* Communications skills and flexibility to receive instructions for more than one supervisor.
* Enthusiasm, imagination, energy, adaptability, patience, responsibility.
Key responsibilities include but not limited to :
* Provide assistance to the Academic Support and ELL Support teachers as requested.
* Assist in the implementation of the students´ Individual Education Plan (IEP), in all content subject areas.
* Performs clerical tasks, accomodation requests, educational plan and attend to language acquisition needs.
* Assist teachers on an instructional level to reinforce the instruction provided in other content areas.
* Assists with implementation of plans
* Depends on teacher request:
* work with students on an individual basis or in small groups, such as reviewing essay writing skills, taking notes, reading for comprehension and learning, guiding high school students through the inquiry and self-advocacy approach to algebra problems or science projects.
* Assists with individual language and learning plans to prepare students for assessments.
* Work individually with students on setting up and using different platforms
* Assists with data collection regarding student academic progress
Coordinates activities and resources within a specific content area. Plan, prepare, and develop various teaching aids such as bibliographies, charts, and graphs, in accordance with students’ IEPs or language acquisition needs.
Assists with special accommodations during external and final exams
* Collaborates with Learning Coach and IB coordinator for the monitoring of AP- IB exams
Coach to monitors students with accommodations for major assessments; monitors students who are provided with technology during regular exams
_ Work schedule _ : Monday- Friday 7:45am - 4:15pm