Descripción del puesto de trabajo
Google accountants are a savvy bunch who handle the core accounting responsibilities at Google. As a member of this team, you know your accounting principles and the full accounting process end to end. You'll advise on financial reports required by governmental regulations, and you'll review, analyze, and interpret financial and budgetary reports -- and all this sounds like fun to you. Every day is a new challenge, and you're continually looking for ways to help our team get better at what we do, in the most efficient way possible. A team player at heart, you collaborate with our global team, advocate best practices and roll up your sleeves to pitch in when it's all hands on deck. You move fast while keeping your attention to detail, and you tap into your problem-solving skills to support Google's business objectives.
As an Accounting team member, you will handle the core accounting functions at Google. You will be a generalist, mastering the accounting concepts for your responsibilities, while retaining a broad knowledge of principles in other areas. This will allow you to continually learn and develop your skills while providing mobility to move among groups.
The name Google came from "googol," a mathematical term for the number 1 followed by 100 zeros. And nobody at Google loves big numbers like the Finance team when providing in depth analysis on all manner of strategic decisions across Google products. From developing forward-thinking analysis to generating management reports to scaling our automated financial processes, the Finance organization is an important partner and advisor to the business.
- Perform accounting functions related to Local and US GAAP rules (accounting and flux analysis, month end close process and reporting, general accounting, tax filings and related statutory obligation).
- Assist in the preparation of business presentations for Accounting and Controls management to include preparation of Month-over-Month and forecast to actual analysis interacting with stakeholders.
- Manage relationships with third-party entities in matters related to the Accounting and Treasury activities and help to execute projects to localize financial systems.
- Identify and implement process improvements and efficiencies gain within the area of accounting responsibility and provide technical guidance on accounting for land, building, data center assets, leasehold improvements and equipment for LATAM Region.
- Ensure regulatory documentation and records appropriately reflect the movement and value of assets and communicate with internal and external auditors.
* BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
* 4 years of relevant work experience in public accounting or in a technology organization.
* Experience working with spreadsheet platforms for data analysis, and experience using Oracle 12R and Hyperion.
* Ability to speak and write fluent English and Spanish fluently and idiomatically.
* Experience with a local multinational subsidiary firm, with an understanding of US GAAP and Fixed Assets and Inventory Oracle modules.
* Knowledge of Mexican accounting GAAP and Electronic Accounting Mexico Regulations.
* Effective management, process improvement, computer and analytical skills.
* Excellent analytical, problem-solving, organizational, presentation, communication and interpersonal skills, with attention to detail.